Monday, January 28, 2013

2013-01-28 Fitness Monday:Motivation Board

The last few months my workouts have been pretty laid back, nothing really regular just an occasional jot on my elliptical or some body weight exercises like from the Bikini body Mommy Challenge, which only lasted a few weeks, before I realized that it was to much for me right now.  Though even with a lack of physical activity my eating habits have been moving toward making smarter choices, and only eating 3 meals each day with a snack if needed and my morning cup of coffee.


You wouldn't believe that by my lack of motivation tat a few months ago I was one of those people who lived for working out everyday, even when I was injured you couldn't get me to rest.  I would even wake up at 5:15am every morning to hit the gym, and even after buying my home I woke up at 6:30am to make sure I got my morning run in.  Honestly, it was still a struggle waking up and going to bed early, but I love the happy, strong, and confident person I was because of those choices.   I really miss her so I've been doing what I can to get her back and this  motivational wall has been helping me find her again.. 

Motivational Fitness Board

The kick start for the motivational wall came from this board and a blogger who decided to Run a Mile a Day from Thanksgiving to News Years so she could start the New Year off right.  Although there are many workouts that I've wanted to start, but either never do, or quite a few weeks into this one seemed a bit more my style.  With this it I was able to successfully create my own motivational wall after several times attempts.   Also, with it now several weeks into the New Years I decided I would run 1 mile a day until Valentines Day so I could feel a bit more fit on the big red day.


I used basic supplies I already had on hand; post it notes, index cards, green fabric that I covered on a bulletin board, a sharpie fine point pen, and a white board calendar that I had actually just purchased from a second hand store the other week that seemed perfect for this idea and I love how it came out.  In order to give the font a little more interest I doodled with the lettering and really liked how it turned out. 

I love this black white board that I found at a second hand store for $.99 and it works great with post-it notes slightly trimmed on the sides to fit the squares to mark each day and my total miles run.


The image above was a quote  Will you make this a great weekend by taking small steps to reach your goals, food, fitness, planning, anything I read while browsing though my news feed on facebook.  I can't remember if it was from Shape Magaizne or Runner's World and it inspired me to get up,so i added it to my board.

The following weekend I found this quote from Runner's Magazine on January 20 Believe you can do it. Think no other way but 'Yes you can.' The human body is capable of considerably more physical endurance than most of us realize. - Paul Reese 

January 18, Friday
A mile a day till Valentines Day.
It was F-in cold on Front St & so glad I ran 2nd on the way back - far more tolerable. Though I wasn't alone running this morning their was a guy running in shorts on the river side of Front.

WARM UP: 5 min walk & 2 min cool down (included in pace).  1.52mi. run in 18:27

January 19, Saturday
A Mile a Day - Day 2 completed. .
1.13mi. run in 11:34

January 20, Sunday
A Mile a Day day 3 complete.
1.53mi. run in 16:01

January 21, Monday
A Mile A Day completed Day 4.
Weather for run was crisp, but not windy & enjoyable.
1.07mi. run in 11:16

January 22, Tuesday
A Mile A Day Completed Day 5
1.06mi. run in 11:01

Thankful for my running ninja mask to block the wind chill, however my legs missed a layer. I thought my Lululemon wind pants would be fine, but nope not meant for this kind of day.

January 23, Wednesday
It was a a bit cold out this morning, so I opted for the Elliptical instead of my morning Run outside. I'm still counting it as part of my Run a Mile a Day so Day 6 complete. total Time: 22:35 / Strides: 3166 / Resistance: 5 / Incline: 7 / Calories: 231.5

January 24, Thursday
A Mile a Day Day 7 complete.

Elliptical Workout: 30 Minutes
Strides 4386 / Calories 325 / Resistance 5-6 / Incline 7

Also read pg 220-228 of my book while working out. Snippet from book to repeat to self: Don't indulge in something that's less healthy because it's around. That's not a good enough reason. pg 227.

Morning Run again thwarted by the snow, but it didn't keep me from my workout. I simple swapped my run for my elliptical again, though I would rather be outside running.

January 25, Friday
No workout

January 26, Saturday
I thought with the snow an elliptical workout would be best, however, on my way to Baltimore I saw 4 runners on Front Street which made me feel a bit guilty for now going outside for my run.

Elliptical: 31 minutes / 340 calories / 4700 strides / 5 resistance / 7 incline

January 27, Sunday
A Mile A Day completed day 10. Plus got to try out my new lululemon running hat that just arrived yesterday. Love it. Even ran an extra mile for missing my workout Friday. .
2.24mi. run in 24:43  

I was using Pinterst the other week to search for Running Inspiration to inspire me to get out of my lazy streak and secondly to find inspiring quotes to frame so that I can read them on a daily basis as I'm waking up to inspire me each day to wake up and chose healthy choices.   I've been slightly overwhelmed with items I would like to add, but have been trying to narrow them down.  


Sources for the quotes and images I want to use on my fitness wall: 

- The Best Way to Make Your Dreams Happen... Is to Wake Up  Tone It Up
- To Happiness  Shut up and Run
-  Keep Calm and Run Strong  Lazy Girl Running
- Keep Going 
   Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way
   I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalms 143:8 R-L Blesses Tumbler
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
   {Dec 28, 2012 10:23 pm} R-L Blesses Tumbler
- Be the Girl you were to Lazy to be Yesterday Unknown Source


No comments:

Post a Comment