Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012-12-23 Paleo Delight

Yummy Breakfast Omelet
After having a delicious ham, sausage and veggie omelet at the Diner last Friday I decided this week I would add some meat to my veggie omelet and wow, what a difference it made in the flavor. I had purchased a lean Turkey Bacon from our Giant Grocer. My preference for Turkey sausage is Jeane-O's Turkey Sausage, but I can only purchase that at Wegman's and I wasn't heading in that direction on my grocery day. Pretty much this omelet has Turkey Sausage, Green peppers, tomatoes, black pepper, mushrooms, and a 1/2c liquid eggs {regular} and 1/2c liquid egg white {Mexican flavor}, because the Mexican liquid eggs were a bit much and so I thought I would tone them down by adding the regular mix. This serves 2. I also had a banana for a side. Very delicious and I would definitely make this combo again.

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry by Sweet Treats and More
This actually turned out pretty bland for me as I was expecting a bit more punch.  I even added more curry and some crushed red peppers, but that didn't help.  The funny thing was everyone at work was telling me how good it smelled and my roommate said our house smelled good for several hours after I made it, but I couldn't smell it until it was about 2" from my nose and even then it didn't smell of this amazing aroma everyone was telling me that smelled.   Though it may have been, because my curry was int eh slow cooker about 2-3 hours longer then the directions noted, but I wasn't getting up at 3am to shut it off.   I will attempt to make this one more time, but for now it's not really something I would make with excitement again. 


Burger Pattie with Side Salad
I wanted a simple dinner, so I purchased premade patties from the organic section {just to lazy to make them myself} and ate a side salad with cucumbers, mixed greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and Annie's Poppy Seed Dressing.  I'm sure the burgers and the poppy seed dressing are not on the Paleo approved list, but this week that 's what I wanted and it was yummy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment