Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012-12-16 Paleo Delight

Paleo Cranberry Muffins by Easy Peasy
I'm very glad at how these turned out even though I forgot to add the cranberries and pumpkin seeds before baking them.  I really did have all good intentions to add them, but I got distracted working on some other recipes and realized half way through baking that I had missed adding them so I ended up with almond meal coconut muffins instead.  These were pretty basic to make and the outcome was very tasty and evenly baked.  My last muffins turned out awlful so i was glad to see such perfection in the visual outcome and almost taste (since I didn't have the cranberries)
Zucchini Salad by Delighted Momma
paired with Salmone Burgers from The Healthy Chef
A pretty simple recipe to make, especially if you're not in the mood to cook.  Just wash, remove the skin and julienne your zucchini and then blend the sauce ingredients in your blender and chow down.   I don't eat much zucchini, and usually it's baked so I wasn't sure how it would taste, but I definitely enjoyed this for my lunch this week and the sauce despite how it looks is rather tasty.

For the Salmon patties I used canned Wild Caught Salmon mainly because I had it on hand and I forgot to thaw my frozen Salmon.   I had actually made these for last weeks dinner, but ended up eating something else, which worked great because they were a great compliment to the Zucchini salad.   I also topped it with some of my favorite salsa from our Giant Grocer. 
Spaghetti Squash Salad from Sydney Franics make Zine

This, also was super easy and made for a quick dinner for the week and lunch on Friday.  Basically, the only cooking required was baking the squash, after cutting it in half, at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.  This recipe was pretty vague and being that I've not baked spaghetti squash before I did have to do some extra research to know what temperature and how long to cook it.  Once it's done you can add your spices,olive oil and sliced cherry tomatoes and yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment