Monday, November 26, 2012

Paleo Delights + Whole30 Thanksgiving Meal

* Strawberry Lemon Muffins
   I have to say I'm pretty proud at how the photos of these muffins came out, considering I only used my droid incredible.  I hope to have a SLR in the future, but my budget doesn't allow for that expense right now so I've been playing with the lighting settings.  You can really tell the difference between the outcome of these muffins versus the food shots below.  It's not the end all, but it's at least progress in learning to know how to use what I have and coming out with better visual results.  

My version made 12, but didn't cook well and the bottoms were pretty mushy even after 40 minutes in the oven {10 of that outside of the muffin pan}.  I had used Canola Oil for the Coconut Oil, mainly because I had more of that on hand and thought I would try it.  Then I used frozen versus fresh strawberries.

* 4 Egg Veggie Omelet {serves 2}    

      Saute mushrooms and tomatoes (or veggies of choice) 4-5 minutes.
      Remove from pan and plate.
     Add 4 Eggs, scrambled, with Crushed Red Peppers mixed in {optional}
     Let sit until Cooked though.
     Add Sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes on top of eggs and flip half over.
     Cook for a few extra minutes.
     Cut in half and save the other half for breakfast tomorrow.
     Serve with a side of fruit.

Very delicious and so easy to make ahead of time.  I made batch and then dished them in lunch box containers so I could grab and go in the morning.  I either had a banana or two mandarin  oranges with it.  

* Soft Egg with Avocado and Tomatoes

This was okay.  I had to much cilantro on mine or maybe I just didn't chop it fine enough. I most likely wont make this again.

* Happy Thanksgiving Meal

* Quick Pan Seared Turkey Chickn Cutlets
   This was really super easy, and very delicious.  I had to sub the Turkey for Chicken, because I couldn't find Turkey Cutlets.  

* Roasted Mushroom Melody 
   Yummy.  can't go wrong with roasted mushrooms.

* Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing 
   This was absolutely my favorite part of my thanksgiving meal.  It was super delicious and pretty easy to make.  Though I didn't use corn on the cobb I used a canned mexican corn mixture I had in a can that I wanted to use up.  Next time I make this I'll use corn on the Cobb.

* Pumpkin Pie  {gluten free, dairy free, soy free}
   In general I'm not a pumpkin, but I thought it was good.  We did finish the pie, but some needed ice cream since the pie wasn't very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment