Sunday, March 31, 2013

2013-03-31 Paleo Delights

This week I've been under the weather and have not eaten much outside of a few minor snacks and some of the following. I've been mostly trying to burn out the congestion with curry and crushed red peppers. Though non of it really worked, as a week later and I still feel just as bad as day 1 just without the score throat.

also, this weeks meals are not 100% Paleo, but are still 100% delicious.

Apple Ginger Oatmeal with assorted veggies via Kanzeda at Food.com
I wanted something with ginger and warm so oatmeal was my first thought. I put 2 cups water to boil and then went to dice up the apples and serving size up each of the ingredients.  I added 1 cup steel cut oats to a bowl, then 2 tb raisins, and 2 tsp ginger.  Then once the water had boiled I added the ingredients together and let it simmer for 10 minutes.  Once done I separated it into two bowls and saved one for later, then drizzled some honey over the top.

Quinoa and chicken salad with assorted veggies via MILF in Training
Outside of the Quinoa this recipe is Paleo, but I just love quinoa and at this time choose to still enjoy it with my meals.  I found the inspired recipe from MILF in training instagram post on March 7 post and inquired on how she made it. 

I cut the chicken breast into cubes and then marinated it in some EVOO, salt, pepper, paprika, and crushed red peppers for about 15 minutes.  Then I got out the griddle and let the chicken cook.  I used a saute pan to cook the spinach, mixed greens, and assorted veggies and sprinkled some more paprika over them.  Next time I would marinate the chicken longer, maybe add some curry paste, and then cut the broccoli into smaller pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment